Office Move Checklist
So, you’ve decided to move to a bigger and better office (hopefully). Unfortunately, it’s never as simple, or easy, as some might say. Relocating your company requires a great deal of communication, organisation and planning to ensure everything goes smoothly because trust us when we say, it can get pretty hectic. Even if you have organised the move to every little bit of detail, it’s still likely to be a stressful day. Fortunately, we’ve come together to create a guide to help you get there with as little stress as possible.
1. Notify your landlord: The first thing you need to do is tell your landlord that you are moving out and give in your notice. This is something that can be so easily forgotten, but if you keep putting it off, you’ll never end up moving and that’s not what you, or your company, wants.
2. Measure your new space: Once you have found a new workspace, you have to find out what will fit, what sections you need, how many meeting rooms you want. Basically, you need to know where everything is going.
3. Tell (and remind) every one of the move-in date: People need to know when they have to pack their stuff and when they have to actually leave their desk space. Making sure everyone knows the move-in date will ensure that all the packing is done in advance and that no one has scheduled any important meetings for the day – there’s nothing less professional than an empty office!
4. Have the WIFI set up: This can’t be stressed enough. WIFI is crucial. If it’s all set up by the time everyone moves into the new office, it means you can all get in and start working without any hassle. WIFI can takes ages to sort out so make sure that this is done way in advance.
5. Furniture: If you’re moving into a bigger place, you are probably going to need some more furniture. Don’t worry, we understand that moving has already placed in a big dent into your budget, but that doesn’t mean you can’t buy anything more. Companies, such as Coggin Group, offer recyclable furniture for an affordable price and they come in great condition – from chairs, to sofas, to storage drawers.
6. Arrange for help: Remember, you don’t have to do everything by yourself. There are hundreds of tools at your disposal when it comes to making your move the easiest it can be. Companies, such as Hubble and Kontor, can help you move into the new location. All you have to do it tell them when and where. Better yet, if you haven’t found a place, they can help you find some of the best deals!
7. Pack smart: The worst thing you can do is throw everything into random boxes and hope for the best when it comes to unpacking. Sure, it will be a lot quicker to get everything boxed away, but it will take even longer to unpack – this is usually the primary cause of ‘moving stress’. Take your time and mark which boxes belong to which department.
8. Change addresses: Ideally, you will have a list of all the important documentations which will require an address change. Make sure you go through this list and change it to your new location. And, don’t forget, it’s always the little things people miss out on. Business cards, bank statements etc will all need updating.
Relocating office doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, if you are a serious planner, then it should almost be a breeze, but there is always something that people forget. Make sure you mark everything that needs doing and tick everything that has been done.
Book your office move with The Coggin Group
01995 606414 – email@example.com